I have been wanting to try a new lip primer and bronzer since I’m almost out of the ones I currently use. After doing some research on which lip primer and bronzer I wanted to try out, I decided to make the purchase on Ulta.com. As a frequent shopper at Ulta stores and as an ultimate rewards member, I knew shopping on Ulta.com would be great for my next haul and review. So here we go!!!
– Their corporate offices are in Bolingbrook, IL.
– Is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services.
– They offer over 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points.
– Their homepage is very organized and has enticing marketing images and products.
– The left bar features all their categories which is great to see and easy to shop.
– Overall, everything on their site is easy to find and/or easy to navigate through.
– All the products have product reviews.
– Offer a $3.50 off coupon if you spend $15 or more.
– If you are returning an item and purchased it with your Ultimate Rewards card then there is no need to bring in the packaging slip.
– Free in store returns.
– Ultimate Rewards card has great benefits such as a free birthday gift, points perk system, etc.
– Always have various promotions going on throughout the site and on certain products.
– $3.50 off coupon does not work with prestige brands of cosmetics, skincare, haircare, and nail.
– Ulta.com does not pay for returns sent by mail. So all return shipping charges are your own responsibility.
– The checkout process was quick and easy. It included: get started, shipping and gifting, payment, rewards, review and place order. After your order is placed, you are redirected to a thank you page which displays your order confirmation number, estimated delivery date, print receipt option, and create an account option.
– The order confirmation email was sent right after my order was complete and included my order number, shipping address, shipping method, order summary, purchase total and payment method.
– You have the option to pay with PayPal.
– Offer a free sample with every purchase. You get to choose one free sample from three different options.
– I had no idea that Ulta.com offered a free sample with every online purchase. I found this out when I was making my purchase in the checkout section. It would be great to know you are offered a free sample before you checkout so you’re enticed into making an online purchase.
– You are only able sign up for an account after you’re done with the checkout process.
– You are charged for taxes.
– Free shipping with any $50 purchase.
– I placed my order on a Wedesday night and my order was shipped the next day.
– I received an order shipment confirmation email once my order was shipped and it included my order number, shipping address, shipping method, tracking number, order summary, purchase total and payment method.
– I received my package in 4 business days.
My order arrived in a light brown box with the Ulta Beauty logo on it. Once I opened the package, I found inflatable packaging, my order, and bubble wrap on the bottom of the box. After I pulled out my order, I found my order slip and a flyer for 15% H2O Beauty. My items were packaged well and nothing was damaged inside the box. With this, my overall rating for package presentation would be positive.
– Not Your Mother’s Way To Grow Long & Strong Shampoo
– Not Your Mother’s Way To Grow Long & Strong Conditioner
– Smashbox Bronze Lights – Deep Matte
– Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer – Nude
– Smashbox Photo Finish Lash Primer Deluxe Sample
– Variety Sampler Pack – Dolce & Gabbana The One Sample, Whish Body Butter Sample
– The Not Your Mother’s shampoo and conditioner worked great and had a wonderful scent that lasted in my hair for a while.
– The Smashbox bronzer was a great buy and the color worked well with my skin tone.
– The Too Faced lip primer worked awesome. It actually made my lipstick last a lot longer and I’m not surprised that this is one of the best selling lip primers out there.
– The Smashbox lash primer was great. The brush for this primer separated my lashes so that when I put my mascara on it didn’t clump my lashes together.
– The Dolce & Gabbana sample had a great scent and I would consider buying a full size bottle.
– The Whish body butter had a nice scent to it and was another sample I would like to buy in full size.
– I have no complaints on the products I purchased. 🙂
My Overall Rating
I would have to give Ulta.com an overall positive rating. Their website is organized and easy to navigate through, they offer a variety of products at both affordable and prestige price points, their checkout process and package presentation was great and I liked all of the products I ordered from them. The only things they need to work on is allowing the $3.50 coupon to be used on prestige products, free returns by mail, and marketing the free samples you get with every order. With this, I would say Ulta.com had a great ecommerce experience and I would definitely make another online purchase from them. 😀